Sales and Commercial Associate
Company: The Pep Boys
Posted on: March 27, 2019
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its
parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and
operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and
service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium
automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of
Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket
retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts
distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised
automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised
service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over
22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations
and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto
As a Sales and Commercial Associate, you are responsible for
providing superior customer service and assist in driving sales
across the commercial, retail, and hard parts business. Provide
essential task support by partnering with management to execute
visual presentation standards, provide phone and in-person support
to commercial customers, maximize inventory, and proactively engage
customers on the sales floor and at the register. This position has
been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of Management, assist with store
merchandising activities, maintain standards of appearance, and
coordinate and cooperate with associates in the execution of
plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management,
reverse logistics process, pricing, signage and various product
initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize
- Promptly answers all incoming customer calls on the Commercial
phone line; professionally address and direct customer needs.
Engage any and all customers as needed, whether on the commercial
phone line or on the retail sales floor, and is fully trained on
all register procedures.
- Under the direction of Management, participates in "truck-day"
operations, cycle counts, audits, and organization of the back
- Under the direction of management, executes promotions, sales
tactics, spiffs and sales incentives.
- Handle all customer transactions; including all sales, returns,
and defectives. Reconcile their transaction history and drawer at
the conclusion of each shift.
- Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock
standards, reduction in "outside" parts purchases through secondary
vendors, and proper ordering and returning of "special order"
- Acts as a Commercial Driver as needed.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit,
check, refund and return policies. Work with the management team to
react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management,
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Related experience in the automotive service environment is
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical
concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas
to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies
up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including
squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Keywords: The Pep Boys, Calexico , Sales and Commercial Associate, Sales , Calexico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!