Company: Church's Chicken
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Cook To prepare and cook food products as specified by the
Manager in Charge of the Shift while adhering to the specifications
and procedures found in the Lunch/Dinner section, behind the
Church's - Comeback Chicken and Chicken Entr--e Items tabs, of the
Product Procedures and Systems Manual -and the Cooking Module in
the All Star Training Program. Accomplishes tasks in a timely,
clean and orderly -manner. -Primary -Functions:
- Pans sufficient chicken for operational needs. Prepares batter
- Sets up the batter cart, fryers and chicken holding cabinet.
Collects all necessary -smallwares.
- Prepares and cooks all food product as dictated by the needs of
the business and at the direction of the Manager in Charge
(according to Chicken Call -Sheet and/or CRT projections). Uses
fryers with shortening at 340 - 360 degrees -F.
- Ensures that all food product meets the specifications,
procedures and quality standards at stated in the PPSM, including
strict observance of designated holding times and
- Returns batter and chicken to the cooler when finished
- Code dates and rotates each product using the first in, first
out (FIFO) method of rotation.
- Checks all equipment and immediately reports any malfunctions
within the area to the Manager inCharge.
- Maintains sufficient shortening to ensure proper shortening
- Filters and cleans all fryers at the designated times while
following all -guidelines of safety (including use of provided
safety -equipment). -Secondary -Functions:
- Maintains a clean work area by practicing "clean-as-you-go"
practices while following all of the guidelines/procedures of
sanitation and -safety.
- Ensure floors remain free of obstacles, debris, and are keep
- Verifies all necessary product and supplies are stocked and
available at -the batter area.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the -cooler.
- Ensures dish sink is set up to wash, rinse & -sanitize.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned by Manager in Charge of
-Shift. -Physical Demands: (minimum qualifications needed to
perform the Essential Job Functions) -
- Lifting Requirements - Medium to Heavy -(lifting up to 50
- Age Requirements - -Cook must be 18 years of age or older to
work the cook station.
- Team Member/Cook must be able -to:
- Continuously stand and/or walk on hard floors to prepare and
cook food, get stock items, and transport items to/from the
kitchen, stock room, food prep area and front lines for periods of
up to eight (8) -hours.
- Frequently lift and stack 35 pounds of food and supply items
from various heights from and onto shelving, in freezers, coolers,
stockroom, etc. Occasionally, carry individual stock items weighing
up to 50 pounds from the stock rooms, coolers and freezers to other
areas of the -restaurant.
- Occasionally, lift and carry up to 50 pound trash bags out of
trash cans and into the outside -dumpster.
- Frequently, push or pull batter table, filter machine,
trashcans, brooms, -mops, and mop -buckets.
- Occasionally, climb a footstool or ladder to reach items
located on stack -shelves, in coolers, freezers, stockrooms,
- Occasionally, stoop or squat to reach items on low shelves or
on the -floor.
- Continuously reach overhead, forward, and underneath shelving,
counters, tables, refrigeration units, racks, drink dispensers,
fryers, batter table and -ovens.
- Continuously handle a variety of shapes and sizes and textures
of items which include, but are not limited to: Dairy products,
produce, condiments, meat/poultry, bulk stock items, and paper
- Continuously use fingers to bilaterally prepare food, unload
- Continuously communicate with and listen to guests, management
and -other team members to ensure optimal -performance. Additional
Keywords: Church's Chicken, Calexico , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Calexico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!