Assistant Store Manager (ASM)Assistant Store Manager (ASM)
Company: Carter's, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Carter's, OshKosh, and Skip Hop stores are conducting interviews
virtually and in-person. Interviews may take place via video and
candidates will be notified of this when scheduling interviews.
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) in partnership with the Store
Manager is responsible to drive the financial results through
exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and
positive customer interaction. The ASM supports the Store Manager
with customer engagement, operational execution, people management,
and the merchandising of the store. The ASM supports the team in
fostering a positive work environment to ensure employee and
customer satisfaction. This position has no direct reports but is
responsible for partnering with the management team on the
coaching, training, and performance of the store team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES)
Invest in People:
* Communicates professionally and effectively with the team
(Management and Sales Associates).
* Fosters a positive work environment for both internal and
* Assists the Store Manager in building and maintaining a
successful team by participating in recruiting, hiring, training,
and development of team.
* Provides feedback to the Store Manager on performance and
progress of Supervisors and Sales Associates.
* Utilizes company tools including onboarding materials to train
and develop associates to ensure execution of all store operations
while Sales Leader on duty.
* Trains DOR (Division of Responsibility) Experts to be a resource
in their respective area.
* Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and redirects
employees when needed to increase employee engagement.
* Exemplifies the expectations of the Sales Leader on duty and
consistently models strong customer service behaviors.
* Effectively analyzes the business and take necessary action to
* Partners with store team to generate sales to meet and exceed
goals to last year and budget.
* Effectively manages payroll and scheduling during Sales Leader on
* Communicates KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) to the team
through effective use of the daily sales planner.
* Supports Store Manager with asset protection through a consistent
level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
* Monitors and enforces the use of all company tools to plan,
track, and report completion of tasks and financial results.
* Provides feedback to SM on completion of all operational
assignments and opportunities on merchandise handling.
* Maintains a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales floor
at all times.
* Monitors and adheres to all safety regulations and policies as
directed by the company.
* Consistently models the brands service standards while coaching
others to success.
* Partners with the store team to maintain company standards of a
neat, clean, and organized store.
* Builds customer loyalty through company sponsored programs.
* Contributes to and leads the team on delivering customer service
consistently by engaging talent, and encouraging positive customer
* As Sales Leader on Duty executes merchandising standards
including visual, signage, markdowns and sales promotions.
* Utilizes reactionary merchandising to maintain store standards
based on sell thru and/or assortment levels.
* Partners with Store Manager on promotional planning, markdown
execution, and product placement.
* Manages efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from
shipment to sales floor.
Drive for Results
Managing and Measuring Work
Developing Direct Reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* High school diploma or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree
* Minimum of 1-3 years retail management experience.
* Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
* Demonstrated customer engagement skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team, and
* Must be able to build relationships in order to foster teamwork
and develop partnerships.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Basic computer skills.
* Flexible availability is required. Eight hour shifts and an
average of 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends,
holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts
* Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a
* Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and
* Ability to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The
duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of
management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that
are not listed in the job description.
Carter's is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any
other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Carter's, Inc., Calexico , Assistant Store Manager (ASM)Assistant Store Manager (ASM), Executive , Calexico, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!